Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Column Stuck Selected; Can not filter other columns keeps jumping back to original selection

I have a data sort which requires me to apply a couple different filters in the data view. When I open the report I select the first column and apply a filter on my table in data view.

Whenever I select the filter button on the next column it automatically is hoping back to the last column I selected not pulling up the filter dropdown on the new column. This is a new issue as of last night and I can not seem to select any column for filtering other than the first one I click on when entering the data view.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling powerBI but no luck

Update:

Please try to update to the latest version of Power BI Dekstop to check this issue again(2.108.825.0) which should be fixed:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am having the same issue, very frustrating today. 

Version: 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here with the version update. A workaround I found is to filter a column, select another table and then go back and filter the new column. Annoying, but works.

Also having the "pending changes on query" message stuck there which is also pretty annoying.

Alicia
Regular Visitor

Same issue with August 22 version.

tinusboyens
Regular Visitor

It also seems as if the auto indent in DAX isn't working anymore either

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue!

stevzul
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. It seems to get stuck on the first column you apply a filter to when working in the data view. If you horizonally scroll until it's out of view and try to filter another column, it snaps back to that first filtered column. It lets you filter other columns when it's in view, but as soon as you scroll further you can no longer apply filters.

Makes it very hard to get work done.

twintrbl
Advocate I

Same here! Also - my date columns and number columns no longer offer a choice for date range/number range. I just get a list of values to select or deselect. No option for "On or before..." or for numbers "Greater than/less than/equal to", etc  Is anyone else seeing this, or is it a separate issue?

twintrbl_2-1660587743975.png

twintrbl_1-1660587630023.png

MAYOD
Regular Visitor

Same issue @stevzul's observation re focus snapping matches my testing. I'm also seeing this in conjunction with the display issue logged here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Filter-problem-in-Data-View/idi-p/2698528

Both seem to have started occurring for me as a result of the August update.

HP Elitebook 850 G5 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz 1366 x 768 Display

Windows 10 Enterprise, Version: 20H2, OS Build: 19042.1889, Windows Feature Experience Pack: 120.2212.4180.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liyingjl This only happens when the second column you are trying to filter cannot be seen at the same time as the first column.

DataW

in addition to everything everyone else said, if you manage to get the filters in place and then save the file the filters get deleted.

this update completely broke Power BI in terms of the data view, which makes it impossible to work with!