Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Column Quality Preview Feature - Same Values for All Columns

Trying out the new preview feature for data qquality by column. Counts and distribution seems to be reasonable, but column quality shows the same for all columns. 

I would think that this wpould be interpretted as 97% of the value are valid for the data type selected, and 2% are in error. 

image.png

Also, I have a an append query for two Excel file data sources, with 46 columns, saves it's profiling top 1000 rows, but it takes surprisingly long to generate, let it run for over 2 minutes and did not come back, still spinning.

image.png

Please advise on the column data quality metrics.

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mcolb88,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mcolb88,

Form your description, it seems like you are questioning the column quality visuals more than the column distribution ones. More in details, you're wondering why the column quality visuals show similar values across all the columns, right?

This could be because all the columns contain the same amount of errors, judging from the screenshot he shared. Please correct me if I misunderstand your issue. 

For appended queries the feature is quite slow, PG team are aware of some performance issues related to the feature and they are working in ensuring they get resolved as soon as possible. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

shaya
Helper I

"Column Quality" does not appear after the last update
Thanks