Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Colors from custom themes are not applied correctly

Hi,

We use themes to changes the custom colors in our reports. On some occasions however, most data points are assigned the color "brown", which is not in our theme. What's worse, because all the data points are assigned the same color, the chart renders useless.

In charts with many data points, we often see that several ranges of data points are assigned correct colors (from the theme), followed by several ranges that are just brown.

In Desktop, we can fix the colors by re-importing the theme. In online however, this workaround does not exist.

I have some screenshots illustrating the issue, but I am not sure how I can attach these to this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is a kind of big issue for us...

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sebastiaan-pbi

You can post the screenshot as below. And could you please share the PBIX file and the theme json file through online file service like OneDrive?

Power BI report for onedrive not updated_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

sebastiaan-pbi
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your response. I created a dummy project, the files are available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6OrnxbgjwBEUkdnWlg5U3lheEk?usp=sharing

Strange, yesterday when I clicked Photos I could not upload but only input a url. Here are some screenshots from the original project:

chart.pnglegend1.pnglegend2.png

Kind regards,

Sebastiaan

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sebastiaan-pbi

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 48803661
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sebastiaan-pbi

The fix will be in Dec 2017 version of PBI Desktop currently scheduled for 12/4.

Best Regards,
Herbert

sebastiaan-pbi
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

That's great news. Thanks for the support!

Kind regards, Sebastiaan

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sebastiaan-pbi,

Please download the latest desktop version 2.54.4970.961. Open the report, reimport the theme, the issue should be gone now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is this issue really fixed? I am facing this same issue in 2020. 

Each time when I change some filters, the colors of my charts are changing, which are not in my imported theme. Can anyone suggest any solution?

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I get the same issue as well, the slicer changes and it starts populating the colors that are not in the theme file even when the number of items are well within the number of colors given. Any solution to this? Regards, Jishnu