cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color picker crashes when selecting code with mouse

I'm changing the color for a category, in "Data colors" for a barchart.

I copy source color 6-digit code into clipboard.

I open color picker for my category, and select the 6 digits of the current color code with my mouse, from the right of 6th digit, to the left of 1st digit, in order to replace it with my clipboard content.

The color picker disappears.

Observed on septembre and october 2019 releases of Desktop. Same behaviour on service.

Comments

Hi @DavidPROVOST

I tested on my side with Power BI desktop version 2.74.5619.621 64-bit (October 2019) but not able to reproduce the issue. Please record a video to show the detail steps. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Frequent Visitor

Everybody here has the problem. BUT, everybody is using Chrome, with Win7, Win10 or ChromeOS. No such issue on IE.

I updated Chrome with version 77.0.3865.120 today, issue is still there...

Here is a 2-sec video : trying to select text box content with mouse, before pasting my value.

https://www.loom.com/share/9c8f5a4645004f6e8597701abcb0b85c

Hi @DavidPROVOST

It looks like the issue happens in Power BI service, right? I tested in Power BI service using Chrome browser 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) but not able to reproduce the issue. The issue might be related to your environment, please create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Frequent Visitor

No, as mentionned earlier, this happens on Service with Chrome, AND on desktop (october and september versions) with Windows 10 AND windows 7.

Hi @DavidPROVOST

Please create a support ticket to get help as suggested in my previous post.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu