Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Color picker crashes when selecting code with mouse

I'm changing the color for a category, in "Data colors" for a barchart.

I copy source color 6-digit code into clipboard.

I open color picker for my category, and select the 6 digits of the current color code with my mouse, from the right of 6th digit, to the left of 1st digit, in order to replace it with my clipboard content.

The color picker disappears.

Observed on septembre and october 2019 releases of Desktop. Same behaviour on service.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DavidPROVOST

I tested on my side with Power BI desktop version 2.74.5619.621 64-bit (October 2019) but not able to reproduce the issue. Please record a video to show the detail steps. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

Everybody here has the problem. BUT, everybody is using Chrome, with Win7, Win10 or ChromeOS. No such issue on IE.

I updated Chrome with version 77.0.3865.120 today, issue is still there...

Here is a 2-sec video : trying to select text box content with mouse, before pasting my value.

https://www.loom.com/share/9c8f5a4645004f6e8597701abcb0b85c

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DavidPROVOST

It looks like the issue happens in Power BI service, right? I tested in Power BI service using Chrome browser 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) but not able to reproduce the issue. The issue might be related to your environment, please create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

No, as mentionned earlier, this happens on Service with Chrome, AND on desktop (october and september versions) with Windows 10 AND windows 7.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DavidPROVOST

Please create a support ticket to get help as suggested in my previous post.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

This issue is systematically reproduced with EVERY october and november sub-versions of desktop, on 64 bits Windows 7 and Windows 10 (work) and on latest version of Windows 10 64bits (personal).

It also occurs systematically on Service with Chrome. Not with Internet Explorer...

Still reproduced today with Windows 10 + PBI desktop dec 3rd, AND on service with Chrome 78. Not reproduced with IE11.

I raised a ticket last month, and shared screen with MS support for a demo. They told me issue will be fixed "on dec 14th" version of desktop.