Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Color Scales stopped working today

The color scales stopped working today.  I didn't make any changes or updates, but today's data displayed as a solid color and when I tried to go in and update the color scale, nothing worked.  Everything is displaying as the Minimum value now.  Assuming there's a bug with the new color scale functionality.  

Color_Scale.JPG

Comments
Sean
Community Champion

The Issue is still present in the latest version available as of Mon Nov 19, 2018

Version: 2.64.5285.701 64-bit (November 2018)

It also happens in Maps which is where I noticed it.

Only thing that resolves it for me is

removing the field used for the Data Colors from being in the Tooltips also

You can keep your other Tooltips as long as the one used for the Data Colors is not also present in the Tooltips.

Sean
Community Champion

The just released Version 2.64.5285.741 seems to have fixed the Issue.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please download the latest Power BI desktop version 2.64.5285.741 then test it again. 

Thanks @Sean. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

AlexvdElshout
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

my Power-BI desktop is auto-updated and I have the 2.64.5285.741 (64 bit) version running, but still the conditional formating in my Table is not working.

Even when rebuikding it, nothing works.
I use the conditional formating based on rules.

Please resolve.

Kind regards,
Alex

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@AlexvdElshout Please post a new thread and share more information(screenshots, pbix file) to clarify the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

AlexvdElshout
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

not sure what has changed but two days later rebuilding the table did resolve the problem.

Still not a customer friendly way to go because why would I use Power Bi when functionalitiy can brake down on a monthly base..