Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Color Scales stopped working today

The color scales stopped working today.  I didn't make any changes or updates, but today's data displayed as a solid color and when I tried to go in and update the color scale, nothing worked.  Everything is displaying as the Minimum value now.  Assuming there's a bug with the new color scale functionality.  

Color_Scale.JPG

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I noticed though, it only stops working if the field I add in the Tooltips field well is the same field I have in the Value field well.  If I add any field to Tooltips other than the one I have in the Value field well, color scale still works.

Regards,

Ferdinand

js_ultimus

Interesting, I get same result.  It seems like you don't need the same field in the tooltips as it now displays that field automatically as a tip.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.  I actually didn't realize my bars were showing the value twice when hovering over them.  This issue actually prompted me to correct that and clean up my visualization.  Thank you! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Ferdinand

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@js_ultimus@Anonymous Thank you for all your detail information. I got information internally from PG team below: 

We plan to QFE the Desktop soon (a couple business days). Service will no longer try to upgrade (and sometimes break things), a fix is coming in two weeks for the web. Publishing from Desktop will keep the new conditional formatting rules of course.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue. Color scales on all graphs reverted to defaults after November update.

AlexGorev
Power BI Team

Update to the November release of PBI Desktop is avaialable with the fix of this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AlexGorev. And is the issue with the color saturation option having disappeared from the formatting pane also resolved?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AlexGorev. And is the issue with the color saturation option having disappeared from the formatting pane also resolved?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexGorev here's the issue already raised on color saturation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the related issue which makes it impossible to repair the graphs which reverted to default on color scale: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Color-Saturation-option-missing-on-charts/idc-p/568085#M3502...