Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Color Scales stopped working today

The color scales stopped working today.  I didn't make any changes or updates, but today's data displayed as a solid color and when I tried to go in and update the color scale, nothing worked.  Everything is displaying as the Minimum value now.  Assuming there's a bug with the new color scale functionality.  

Color_Scale.JPG

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me too!  I believe it is caused by the November 2018 update.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @js_ultimus@Anonymous,

I have tested in Power BI desktop November version but not able to reproduce the issue. Please test with our report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

I will try your file when I get to work tomorrow. In the meantime, could you try switching your visualization to a column chart? Mine is a column chart and it is showing a single color even when color scale is selected in Data Colors. It was showing proper color scale prior to installing the November 2018 update.

Best Regards,

Ferdinand

js_ultimus

I still have same issue with bar charts.  Color Scale stopped working.

BarChart.JPGColor.JPG

RamySaroufim
Employee

Hello @js_ultimus,

We are so sorry for your experience. We need more information to be able to identify the issue.

* Is it possible to share the pbix file with us?

* Can you please make a copy of your visual, convert it to a Table, and add the measure used in the Conditional Formatting (Todays_calls). I need to make sure the measure is evaluated as expected.

js_ultimus

I think I found a solution.  The color scale seems to work when I switch to a Clustered Bar/Column chart as opposed to the original Stacked Bar/Column chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @js_ultimus,

For me, it worked after I removed the item I have in the TOOLTIP field well.

Regards,

Ferdinand

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-qiuyu-msft,

The behavior is the same with the report you sent.  Color scale stopped working after I dragged a field in the Tooltips field well.

Without vs With tooltip.png

Best Regards,

Ferdinand

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @js_ultimus,

Could you please try dragging a field to the Tooltips field well and see if the color scale still works?  It initially worked for me after switching to stacked bar but I think it was because the item in the Tooltips field well was automatically removed by the visualization switch.  When I added it back, color scale stopped working again.

Best Regards,

Ferdinand

js_ultimus

Same result for me - if I have something in the Tooltips the color scale stops working.  Seems like that's the issue.