Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Clustered bar chart / X-Axis invert range with negative numbers

When using negative numbers and inverting the X-axis range, the space allocated to margins is not correctly calculated and text appears truncated.

Without X-axis range inverted:

bhalicki_0-1664951823315.png

With X-axis range inverted:

bhalicki_1-1664951879160.png

Resizing the object does not help as the space is redistributed but still truncated.

Hi @bhalicki 

It's normal in my Desktop . You can update your Desktop to the latest version and try again .

Recording 2022-10-06 at 10.31.31.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @bhalicki 

It's normal in my Desktop . You can update your Desktop to the latest version and try again .

Recording 2022-10-06 at 10.31.31.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

bhalicki
Helper II

Hi Ailsa,

Could you please share the pbix, or tell me what steps you are using to test this issue?

I have tested on two separate PCs, both running September 2022 version of PowerBi Desktop and the problem is apparent on both PCs.  I have created new PBIX files for both PCs to rule out an issue with the PBIX itself.  I notice in your version you have much more padding between the right-most margin than I do (and I cannot find an option to alter this).

Kind regards,

Ben.