Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Clone visual api does not work with bookmarks and visual interactions

There seems to be a few issues with cloning a visual to the current page:
- When activating a bookmark, the cloned visual is not updated to it's bookmarked state. It seems to be reset to some not defined initial state.
- It is not possible to define how the cloned visual should visually interact with the other visuals on the page it is cloned to. It seems to be using the report's default settings for visual interactions to all visuals on the page.
Is this something that you are planning to fix?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Would you please share the detail steps for us to reproduce the issue or record a video to clarify the issue? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Sure, I can create a video showing the issues. How can I share the video with you?

/ Fredrik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

These are the detailed steps to reproduce the behaviour:

Bookmark issue
1) Put some visuals on the first report page.
2) Create a second page with a matrix visual on it.
3) Make sure the matrix uses a hiearchy for its rows. Also make sure that the hierarchy is expanded at the top level.
4) Navigate to the first page and create a bookmark, whos purpose is to reset the page to default settings (Data, Display, Current Page and All visuals should be checked).
5) Add a button on the first page and associate the bookmark with it.
6) Publish the report.
7) Create an embedded application (using app owns data) that displays the first page.
😎 Clone the visual from the second page to the first page. Notice that the matrix is expanded.
9) CLick on the bookmark button.
10) Issue: Notice how the matrix change from expanded to collapsed.

Visual interactions
1) Put some visuals on the first report page.
2) Create a second page with a matrix visual on it.
3) Make sure the matrix uses a hiearchy for its rows. Also make sure that the hierarchy is expanded at the top level.
4) You want to limit the visual interaction for one of the visuals on the first page so it is not cross-filtered by any other visuals on the page. To accomploish this, you change the visual interaction for all other visuals on the page to None.
5) Publish the report.
6) Create an embedded application (using app owns data) that displays the first page.
7) Clone the visual from the second page to the first page.
😎 Click on the matrix that was cloned.
9) Issue: Notice that there is no way to make the cloned visual not cross filter the other visuals on the page. 

/ Fredrik

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

Thank you for your detail steps. 

For the step 😎 of bookmark issue, do you enter edit mode for the report then do copy and paste operation? Please record a video to show the bookmark issue, you can upload the video to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

For the Visual interactions, please record a video and share it with us via private message as well. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have sent you a private message with a link to the video showing the issues.

/ Fredrik

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you very much for your video. 

As I suggested in private message, please create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Thank you for your understanding and support. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered