Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clicking on a chart is not filtering another chart on the same page

I have 2 charts which are related and clicking on one, filters the other chart.(I have selected filter in the Edit Interactions option). It was working fine but I have realized today that even though the values are filtered, the axis show all the labels(even with 0 value). I am facing this issue since today.
I also tried to add in the filter pane (IS NOT 0). It works in the desktop version but when I publish that filters get removed in Power BI Service.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jahnabiAP

Is it possible for you to share a pbix file with us? If it is, please remove sensitive data within the report, upload pbix file to your OneDrive, paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jahnabiAP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I was busy with a release.
Here is the file. SampleFile 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jahnabiAP

The file link requires permission to access. Please remove any sensitive data in the report, upload it to your OneDrive, provide share link with "Anyone can view" permission. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jahnabiAP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Can you try now with this link sampleFile 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jahnabiAP

Please change clientActivityId data type to text, and add a filter condition for the bar chart as sales is not 0. Please check updated report file here

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jahnabiAP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft
Thanks for your response. It works in the desktop version. But once the file is published to service, the filter 'Sales is not 0' gets removed.

I am not sure why.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jahnabiAP

Please rename the pbix file, then publish it to your Power BI service, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jahnabiAP
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

The issue is fixed.
Actually the issue was: instead of  'Sales is not 0' I was using a 'measure' is not 0. Then it was not retaining the filter applied.
But when I changed to 'Sales is not 0' its working fine.

Thanks for your support.