Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Clicking an Power BI app in service doesn't open the app or it takes a very long time

When I click any app icon in service, it is not opened. Only after a very long time or if I refresh the browser, I get the app opened. It is the same issue with new look or when it is disabled. 

Comments
NickA01
Resolver III

Hi @MiraNi 

I had this a few weeks ago: 

Couple of solutions. 

1: Uninstall the app then reinstall

2: Switch from new layout to old or other way round. 

Both of these cleared the issue.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Does the issue happen frequently? Does the issue happen with one specific published app or all apps? 

Which browser do you use? Have you tried different browsers? 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

AlanFindlay
Regular Visitor

This problem is also logged in the following Issues - 

Bug-App-tiles-are-not-working 

Issues-with-Power-BI-Service-reports-and-apps-are-not-loading 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am reposting my comment across these threads, in the hopes that this will get escalated:

I have observerd this problem with multiple customers now. Since Apps are the primary way they are sharing content with less-savvy end users, this is a BIG DEAL. It gives the perception that the product "does not work", which can be death to adoption rates in a corportate environment.

I have observed this in Chrome, but that is because that's what I use. Also, this is what my corporate customers are using and most don't have the choice to just switch browsers.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

AlanFindlay
Regular Visitor

I have created a support ticket as advised (Case 120031122000885). After a discussion with the support team outlining and demonstrating the issue, the update I have received is detailed below

"This issue has already been notified to the product team. Fix for this issue is supposed to be deployed by now.

We are still able to reproduce the issue. We will reach out to the product team again and update you if something has blocked for the fix to be deployed."

So hopefully resolved soon 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlanFindlay keep us posted on any responses you get! This is good progress...

BI-Geniuz
Advocate I

same problem here. Randomly doesn't work. Hover work, and the app turns small and zoomes out when hovering. But clicking doesn't trigger anything. Pressing F5 helps, but this is not a solution.

BI-Geniuz
Advocate I

Any updates yet? Issue still remains

AlanFindlay
Regular Visitor

Good news

I have received an update from Microsoft this morning regarding the ticket I raised and checked it out. The issue is now resolved.