Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

China locations do not show up on Power BI Map

Hi Everyone,

I am using Power BI for our project and has some issues getting the locations in China to show up on the map. Most of the other South East Asian countries do get plotted on the map but not China.

I am using a calculated measure to get the Full location for the map which is as given below: 

FullLocation = VW_REGIONAL[Account Name] & ", " & VW_REGIONAL[Address Line1] & ", "  & VW_REGIONAL[City] & ", " & VW_REGIONAL[Postal Code] & ", " & VW_REGIONAL[State/Province] & ", " & VW_REGIONAL[Country]

I have already categorized my Address Line 1 as Address, City as City, Postal Code as Postal Code, State/Province as State or Province, Country as Country/Region and finally the newly created measure as Place.

For some reason, China addresses do not show up on the map. Any advice given is much appreciated.

I'm using the latest version of Power BI desktop (July 2017) for this. Please let me know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Sharath

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Sharath48

Are you able to map China cities correctly like "Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China"?

In Power BI Desktop, the map visual does not have details like streets, alleys and squares when we zoom it in. For example, we can see details in USA and Japan, but cannot see details in Iran and China. It maybe the root cause.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Sharath48
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, I am able to map a location like Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China. 

However, if I try to append the name of the location like "Shanghai Chest Hospital" to the city Shanghai, it doesn't show up. For some reason, another location like "Beijing National Stadium" appears on the map. It's important that we need to show the location name (institution name) for our requirement.

Regards,

Sharath

Sharath48
Regular Visitor

I think I managed to fix the issue. What I did was created a calculated column by concatenating City, State and Country and then used the Institution name as a tool tip on the map. This seemed to have fixed the issue.

Regards,

Sharath

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered