Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ChicletSlicer 1.6.3 General Settings missing with the new Format Pane

The new format pane is missing some critical functionality of the Chiclet Slicer. This entire section (shown using the old format pane) is missing.

edhans_0-1642706620061.png

Hi @edhans @jcs93 

I've got feedback from product team said this issue will be fixed in the new release of Power BI Dekstop.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
jcs93
Helper I

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding this problem.  The chiclet has become useless with the latest update.  

edhans
Super User

I don't think it is useless. Unless I am missing something is is only this section, so once configured, I can still do all of the formatting and other settings for it. But still SUPER frustrating.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @edhans @jcs93 

Issue has been reported internally(ICM 284419147). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @edhans @jcs93 

I've got feedback from product team said this issue will be fixed in the new release of Power BI Dekstop.

Best Regards,

edhans
Super User

Thanks @v-cazheng-msft 

omelo
Helper III

I'm also encountering this issue. I'm missing all the options. Is there a workaround to set the number of columns and rows. I tried changing the size, deleteing, resizing. Nothing works.

If you have a workaround, do you mind sharing it with us.

Thank you

edhans
Super User

have you tried with the Feb 2022 desktop update delivered today @omelo ?

jcs93
Helper I

If downloading the update doesn't work, what I've had to do is publish the report to the service, then edit the visual there and download a copy of the PBIX.  I really hope downloading the update fixes this...

omelo
Helper III

Good morning,

Thanks @edhans  and @jcs93  for responding.

Normally, PowerBI desktop updates automatically, but this time, I've downloaded and install the Debruary update. After that, the cliclet visual is working with no issues!

Thanks again for your prompt response. 👍

jcs93
Helper I

@omelo I'd refrain from installing PBI Desktop through the MS Store.  I direct download the updates AFTER I've had time to review the impact.  In certain cases, you may need to delay updating PBI Desktop until, say, you're on-premise data gateway is updated (happened in December).

PBI Desktop changes too rapidly to let the updates go unnoticed and unreviewed.

FWIW, the February update DID fix the chiclet slicer issue.