Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Charts shifted upwards when pinned as dashboard.

When viewed on the desktop version and from the report after publishing, the layout and position of charts are still as prepared:

orig.PNG

However, when pinned live onto a dashboard, everything gets shifted upward. Note that the word "Slicer" and its background is prepped as part of the background so it didn't shift, but the gradient background of "Overview of Business Performance" is an inserted image which had shifted. 

after.PNG

I have the charts calibrated to the X and Y position so that the layout looks nice between the background and the dashboard and this shift makes the whole dashboard looks messy. 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@TCLCO

It is difficult to repro the same issue as you because I’ve no idea about your visuals and positions.

Could you please provide your PBXI file to me? You can upload to online file service (e.g. OneDrive) and share it. Make sure don’t keep any sensitive data in it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

TCLCO
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert, 

Thanks for the quick response! Please find the cleaned up PBIX file here, and I've confirmed that even on this cleaned up file, the slicers and images still run after being pinned up as a Live page onto a Dashboard:

after2.PNG

Thanks again!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@TCLCO

Thanks for your PBIX file. I can repro the same issue as you now.

I’ve reported it to Power BI team internally: CRI 27437936

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

TCLCO
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft Thank you very much! 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@TCLCO

Following is the update from Power BI team.

We don't support aligning visuals with explore canvas background. There is couple of things might do in order to workaround this:

1. Use 'Actual Size' as view mode.
  2. Create a background visual with this image (in this way it will scale the same way as other visuals.. )

Best Regards,

Herbert

TCLCO
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert, 

Thanks for the update!

For the workarounds:

1. Using the view at Actual Size works on the Report view and PBIX desktop file, but when I pin it up as a Dashboard, the tile scales. Example: I have a page that is at 1000px height, and another page that is at 1200px height, and after pinning both tabs up as Live pages, the size of the tile is different, and I can't scale it myself to make both align their width properly even though both width is at 1280px. 
  2. I am creating backgrounds that matches the exact width and height of the page size using Photoshop, but despite that, I need to choose the "Fit" option within Filter -> Image Fit for the background to match exactly. 
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered