Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Charticulator sort issue

I have 2 issues when trying to sort an axis in Charticulator.

1) It does not properly sort whole numbers. It improperly sorts based on the first digit. For example, it will produce this sort order: 1, 15, 3,  35, 5, 6, 7, 75, 8, 85, 9. It will only resolve when I change my field format to decimal type.

2) When I sort it does not dynamically sort. For example, I sort by numeric value and it produces the correct sort for the year that is selected when I'm editing the visual. However, if a user makes any changes to slicers, the sort order remains sorted on the values that appeared when the edits were made. For example, if attribute 1 is 3.25 and attribute 2 is 4.25 in year 2020 when the sort was created, the axis will always keep attribute 1 at the top, even if it's value has decreased making it the lowest number in another selected year.

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

ldb125
Advocate I

Here is the link to the PBI file.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Actually, Power BI sorts the text type values based on normal alphabetical order if the data type is “Text”. You can refer to the content in the following links to make a custom order by creating an order table:

Sort a Column with a Custom Order in Power BI

Custom Sorting in PowerBI

If you still have a problem and believe this is an issue in the Power BI, I suggest you to open a support ticket to get direct help from the technical support team of Microsoft to have a remote session to help you to make sure if this is an issue existing in the Power BI.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

ldb125
Advocate I

This is definitely an issue so I'll submit a ticket. It won't sort whole number, decimal number, or text dynamically.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

OK, thanks for the response!