Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Changes to Gateway??

For the past 8 months I have been running hundreds of reports across many different gateways and recently (sometime in the past 2 weeks) something has changed. All of my reports have two datasources, one that soley relies on a gateway connection to on premise data, and the other which is an Azure SQL db. In the past when looking at the datasources for the dataset in pbi, it would show the on-premise data source connected to the gateway and the Azure SQL source would say something like "inheritied" and did not require that source to be configured on the gateway. NOW datasets are still refreshing, but if I look at the Refresh Settings for the dataset the refresh schedule is disabled and gateway settings are messed up. Also, if I attempt to publish an update to any report which relies on the particular gateway, all of the reports in the workspace stop refreshing. Nothing changed on my end.... what is happeining? Did something in the service change?

pbi1.pngpbi2.png

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
thnerd
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for responding. The article makes total sense, though really I am wondering what changed or why did it work in the first place?