Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Certifiticate problem w enterprise gateway import mode, when direct mode works space

hi,

we installed PBI embedded on our application for our first customer on his UAT environment .

We have now report on direct query mode  . we want to add one more report using import mode so we will have 2 reports one on direct query mode, for live date, and one more on import mode for history data .Both of them on the  same workspace with capacity A1 using same gateway .

The report with direct query is refreshing  but the report with the import mode we are getting error as shown below . (it’s the same gateway and on the same workspace both reports) .

Any idea why we can’t refresh the report with the import mode on the service (same gateway same workspace) ?

getting this error on pbi gateway : “It looks like scheduled refresh failed because the on-premises gateway restarted while refresh was happening. Double-check that the data gateway is continuously running for the next scheduled refresh” same error decrepitation several times.  

Regards Maor

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @maordahari

As the error message mentioned, the scheduled refresh was failed due to the restarting of data gateway. Please go to Dataset Settings, ensure the on-premises data gateway is running now, then click on Refresh Now to see if the dataset is refreshed successfully. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

maordahari
Regular Visitor

Hi ,

every refresh we keep getting the same error .

In addition to that the Power BI Gateway logs are showing an UnknownSpooledOperationIdException error.

restarting of data gateway.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue and I'm sure the data gateway is running. I tried downloading the latest version and restarting but I'm still experiencing the same issue and oddly only some of my refreshes are having this issue. Two are kicked off at the same time and one had the error and one didn't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone is getting the same error: "It looks like scheduled refresh failed because the on-premises gateway restarted while refresh was happening. Double-check that the data gateway is continuously running for the next scheduled refresh.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details."

I was sure that the data gateway was not actually restarting because I would start two datasets refreshing at the same time and one would work and the other would not. 

I found that uninstalling the data gateway and reinstalling and setting up a new one worked.