Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Case expressions may only be nested to level 10.

Hi There and happy new year,

I've been running a report since 03-2017 with an "added conditional Column".It has 16 rows of conditions.

2018-01-08 09_52_25-.png

After applying the Dec 2017 update, I'm now receiving the following error and there isnt much I can find when trying to google the error except SQL referrences on correcting the syntax structure of nested case expressions in SQL. 

2018-01-08 09_56_09-MS ManagerV3_Inventory - Query Editor.png

I'm not sure how to fix this from myside. Our department relies on the report hourly. 

As I've mentioned its been working for 9 months and suddenly an error.

Hope its a easy fix?

Kind regards

Rayno

Comments
simontaylor
Employee

My issue is still there althoug seems a little different issue. Can anyone confirm the issue has been fixed?

BIAM_BAMBOOZLED
Frequent Visitor

Still have the problem with the following configuration:

PowerBI desktop version: 2.54.4970.961

PowerBI gateway version:14.16.6549.2

I notice howver that there is a new version of the Gateway availible to download: 14.16.6584.1

What was fixed/included in the 'silent' release of the Desktop app?

What was fixed/included in the release of the Gateway?

Do we need the latest of both to resolve this issue?

Some clear information from the Product team would be really useful here!

micasua

Hi all,

I had the same problem and I solve it downloading the November version. But now, the refresh from the cloud doesn't work!! Neither manually nor schedule refresh.

Thanks in advance!

raynok
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

@micasua Correct, I've been using the November release since my last response and I can confirm the cloud service is still refreshing the reports without the title error, its been working since I saved and published using the November release, Did you save and publish over your existing report using the November release?

I havent attempt the newer versions since (waiting to hear from product team) but I'll give it a try by updating the Desktop & gateway(on another server) and see if the problem is fixed.  

Thanks

micasua

Hi @raynok

Yes, I saved and re publish over my existing report using the Novembre release!

What I find strange, it's that I have other reports connecting to the same database, and they don't have any problem! It's seems like a file problem!

Thanks!

When I tried to refresh, apper the following error:

Captura.PNG

roboman32

Ugg I just spent the last 2 hours trying to rewrite my coding for my broken conditional column; just to find that it's broken after updating.   Hopefully they can fix this issue soon.  If more could upvote this issue I would appreciate it!

I tried downloading the installer on January 23 and 24th to see if a Silent hotfix was applied...but with no success.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Has any one checked this in February 2018 version?

Regards,

Maddy

simontaylor
Employee
Version:

File Name:

PBIDesktop.msi

PBIDesktop_x64.msi

Date Published:

2/5/2018

It seems there is a Feb release yesterday. I will try it out today.

BIAM_BAMBOOZLED
Frequent Visitor

Just upgraded to 2.44.5010.251 (Feb 2018) X64  and the problem seems to be fixed!!!

Happy Days are here again!

roboman32

I am also confirming that the issue is now fixed!!!!

Thank you Dev team!!  Life savers!