Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Card Browser Visual does not respect formatting of numeric fields

The Card Browser visual does not appear to respect the formatting of numeric fields. For example, I wanted to display the price of a product, along with other metadata values, when the card was in its flipped state. Even though the price was formatted as Currency in my model, the value was being displayed in the Card Browser as 19.99 and 60, instead of £19.99 and £60.00.

Hi @CoulterJames2 ,

Sorry for my mistake, I was able to reproduce your issue and we have submitted to internal ICM 308363998 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue, please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @CoulterJames2 ,

I did a simple test that does not reproduce your problem, as you can see below, and it worked fine for me.

Can you try republishing the report to see if the problem persists?

vcaitlynmstf_0-1652753063208.png

Best Regards,

CoulterJames2
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft you are talking about the Card visual, I am talking about the Card Browser visual (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/wa104381278?tab=overview) which is completely different. Here's an example: in my dataset, Price field is a decimal number, with display format of currency (UK). 

CoulterJames2_0-1652774934276.png

When I drag this field into the "Metadata" section of the visual, it just displays the number without the currency formatting. Dates are also displayed in the default format, instead of respecting the regional settings.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @CoulterJames2 ,

Sorry for my mistake, I was able to reproduce your issue and we have submitted to internal ICM 308363998 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue, please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,

nwilliams
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft  - do you know if there are any updates on this issue?