Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Canvas Background not fit in the power BI desktop recently , may be it was due to last version (dec)

Canvas Background not fit in the power BI desktop recently , may be it was due to last version upgrade (dec 2022)

Version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (December, 2022)

Please fix asap .. it was same in desktop and in the services as well post publish .

Hi @dinesharivalaga 

Can you provide a sample for us to test ? I tested everything down and everything works fine. the Desktop version is the same as yours.

Recording 2023-01-19 at 10.20.27 (1).gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @dinesharivalaga 

Can you provide a sample for us to test ? I tested everything down and everything works fine. the Desktop version is the same as yours.

Recording 2023-01-19 at 10.20.27 (1).gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

dinesharivalaga
Helper II

@v-yetao1-msft Thanks for your quick response .

But it was not resolved , when i open a new page in desktop and selected one image as a canvas BG and rest in the attachment (Normal and Fit mode) , still i can see blank white space , it was not there earlier . suddenly it occurring since past 3 days for all my collegues as well ..

In your video , you are doing just a zoom in and zoom out of the current page , but issue right from the choosing canvas BG image .. Please find the reference image below :

Old one :

this is for reference what we have in old dashboard home page ..this is for reference what we have in old dashboard home page ..

Current One with unfit BG :

canvas bg fit.jpgcanvas bg normal.jpgcurrent status from service.jpg

mmcarthur
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issues, my reports as well as my colleagues reports suddenly had all of their backgrounds cut off last week. When I change the canvas background from normal to fill to fit nothing changes. It would be a major overhaul to fix each background for all of our reports. Can we get a solution to this issue please?

PeRich
Regular Visitor

I can confirm, I have the same issue (background should be dark blue on the whole page and not only ~60% on the left). Bugfix needed. (Version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (Dezember 2022)):

PeRich_0-1676284903977.png