Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cant refresh dataset since august update

We have not been able to refresh datasets through desktop since updating to the august version, the visuals board also didn't change after the update.  To get around this we kept the July version and decided to wait till the september update to try again however it still doesn't work and the visuals still doesnt show metrics. Has anyone else had a similar issue and found a fix?

Hi @Anonymous 

There is currently no similar known issue. Did you refresh dataset in Desktop ? So your data source is dataset ? Can't all datasets be refreshed ? Is there an error during the refresh process ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Anonymous 

There is currently no similar known issue. Did you refresh dataset in Desktop ? So your data source is dataset ? Can't all datasets be refreshed ? Is there an error during the refresh process ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

2022-09-16_09h25_12.png2022-09-16_09h25_44.png

This is the error message that comes up next to every query when trying to refresh, which doesn't make sense. I have also shown a picture of the visualisations which does not seem to have updated despite it being the september 2022 version. Something to note is that its only dashboards with both OData and Sharepoint data that do not refresh. The dashboards with only one of the two types can refresh successfully.

DataInsights
Super User

@Anonymous,

Try the following:

1. Refresh each query manually (right-click the table and select "Refresh data")

2. In Power Query, delete any system-generated error tables

mp2006
Frequent Visitor

I was not able to Refresh my data in the Desktop after installing the August update.  Reverted back to July and Refresh was ok.  Decided to wait until Septermber.  Same problem exists again.  With the August update and now the September update the Refresh dialog box simply closes after the Refresh process runs for it's normal time of 12-15 minutes and does not provide confirmation that the refresh was completed.  Data is not updated.
I am querying Excel and Access data.  No error is reported.  I am not experiencing a block from one of the queries.   When I manually run the refresh on an individual query it refreshes as expected.