Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cant add ML Model to Dataflow - help with error message

Hi,

After getting my Power BI Dedicated Capacity set up with AI workloads and Dataflows active, I have tried to create an ML model using the dataflow and get the following message pop up:

"Machine Learning Models Disabled

Training and inferences for machine learning models are disabled for this capacity instance. Please enable this setting in the admin portal to use your machine learning models"

As I say AI workloads are enabled and active. Is there another setting I need to switch on somewhere? I have looked in both the tenant and capacity settings, but cant find one, plus google has revealed nothing. Everywhere says that enabling AI workload is enough to enable ML models.

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dom99

Please make sure "Dataflow" is enabled for Tenant . Go to Admin Portal -> "Tenant Setting" -> Enable Dataflow. Also ensure the AI workload is enabled for the capacity. 

q3.PNGUntitled picture.png

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dom99
Advocate V

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Thanks for the reply, I have enabled both dataflows and AI workloads.

From the power bi blog post yesterday there seems to be a couple of capacity settings we are both missing

Capacity Settings.png

Blog post here https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-ai-premium-workload-cognitive-services-and-azure...

These settings looks exactly what I am looking for, any ideas why I cant see them? Are they not released yet?

etheil
Helper I

We're facing the same issue: we receive the error "Machine learning models are disabled" and the "Allow building machine learning models" and "Enable Parallelism for AI Reports" options are not available. We were part of the machine learning beta program and the ability to create these models has been disabled since the feature was made generally available. I've tried disabling the feature and reenabling, but no luck.

Eric

dom99
Advocate V

I've raised a support ticket and after a number of calls with the support team they have passed the issue to the product team, so hopefully a fix coming soon. I was told it could take a couple of days for them to get back to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also experiencing this exact issue. Rather that reporting another one, I'm just replying here to be able to track the resolution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also experiencing this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Replying for tracking resolution

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

It's a known issue listed in Support site. Please keep an eye on the status of the issue. 

q4.PNG 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jjudy
Helper I

Bump, Having the same issue - really frustrating after all the demos at MBAS

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The issue is fixed now, please test again on your side to see if the issue is gone. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu