Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cant Copy visuals

As below, whenever I try to copy a visual it fails on power bi online.

Copy Visual Issues.png

Hi @TStanifiorth 

It's a known issue , the ID is 347983003 . This issue will be fixed in 1-2 weeks . 

As a workaround, the customer can attempt these steps:

- Disable the title of the visual and save.

- Enable the title, save and try to copy.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
ZoltanHuszar
Regular Visitor

I did a few test with new visuals. 
If I create a new visual and renaming the title, then publish. 100% I got error even in my workspace when try to copy visual.
If I create a new visual and renaming the title, then switch the title off and on, then publish. 
Everything works as expected when copy visual.
I think this is some kind of bug, what need to fix.

MarkReid

I have been experiencing this issue also.

Turning off the title on my visuals, resulted in the Copy button working. Turning the title on again for each visual, it continued to work.  I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect that if I republish from PowerBI Desktop it would break the functionality again.  It's nice that we have a workaround, but it's not really practical to go around toggling titles in all reports, so hopefully there will be a fix. 

Also somewhat annoyingly, even when it works, if you expand a visual with the focus mode button, the copy as image button creates an image of the original visual, not the expanded version. 

DizzlePGE

Anyone with a solution yet?  because as the error says, "something went wrong"!

DizzlePGE_0-1668033664764.png

CarlosPV

Hello, i figured out a solution from the fact that some other user said: "only fails with titled objects".
Just edited online my pbix and deselect and reselect Title option (not even had to save between actions).
Funny, but it worked for me.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @TStanifiorth 

It's a known issue , the ID is 347983003 . This issue will be fixed in 1-2 weeks . 

As a workaround, the customer can attempt these steps:

- Disable the title of the visual and save.

- Enable the title, save and try to copy.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao