Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot turn off Incremental refresh settings on a dataflow

I have a Pro Account.  I set up a dataflow and then turned on Incremental refresh settings.  I get a warning that I have to upgrade the workspace to premium capacity, which I don't have.  I cannot turn off the incremental refresh settings.  When I click to turn them off I get a prompt saying "overwrite incremental refresh data" and I can click continue, the but setting remains stubbornly turned on and I have to cancel to exist the incremental refresh settings. 

image_2021-02-02_114202.png

Comments
v-alq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @benhoward00 

As is said in the document1  and document2 , Incremental refresh is now available for Power BI Pro, Premium, and shared subscriptions and datasets. Incremental refresh for dataflow is premium only. 

There are some circumstances under which you should not set incremental refresh:

• Linked entities should not use incremental refresh if they reference a dataflow. Dataflows do not support query folding (even if the entity is Direct Query enabled).

• Datasets referencing dataflows should not use incremental refresh. Refreshes to dataflows are generally performant, so incremental refreshes shouldn't be necessary. If refreshes take too long, consider using the compute engine, or DirectQuery mode.

When I click to turn them off, I was faced with same problem. We need to test further to make sure if it is a bug.

Best Regards

Allan

v-alq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @benhoward00 

You may try refreshing the broswer or modify the incremental refresh setting. Then the incremental refresh setting will be able to be closed and saved.

Best Regards

Allan

ajsaloodo
Regular Visitor

Hi all

Had the same problem, documenting the trick that worked for me for posterity (including myself 😅)

Just change the column on which incremental refresh is based ("Choose a DateTime column to filter by"), then turning off incremental refresh must work as expected.

Hope that helps!

Sincerely

AJ

kymramosrpo
Advocate IV

@ajsaloodo 

Thank you for the neat quick fix! It worked for me.