Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot subscribe to paginated reports

I have a paginated report with parameters. When I enter onto the reports page, the Subscribe button is grayed out. After I choose some parameters and click 'View reports', then after the results are presented, I can see Subscribe button is enabled. This doesn't make sense because I don't want to wait for long running reports in the browser - but get the results on the e-mail. How can we subscribe to the paginated reports right away without having to load the report first?

Hi @matryb ,

Please keep in mind the report attachment reflects the data based on your permissions. There is no After Data Refresh option for frequency with paginated reports. You always get the latest values from the underlying data source.

This is a design problem that cannot be avoided for the time being.If you would like to suggest some feature improvements, you may also vote the idea and comment  here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Best Regards,

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @matryb ,

Please keep in mind the report attachment reflects the data based on your permissions. There is no After Data Refresh option for frequency with paginated reports. You always get the latest values from the underlying data source.

This is a design problem that cannot be avoided for the time being.If you would like to suggest some feature improvements, you may also vote the idea and comment  here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

matryb
Advocate I

I don't understand how it answers my question. On permissions side, I have full admin rights to the level of capacity. I also do want to get the latest value from the underlying data source. I just want to run in it in the background, without having to wait in the browser. This option (Subscribe button) becomes available after I run report once manually in the browser. So why it can't be available right away?