Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot set up refresh on PowerBI service for report that's connected to Azure DevOps data

Hello,

I have connected Azure DevOps data to Power BI Desktop and can refresh data and publish to service easily.  My issue is when I try to schedule automatic refreshes from PowerBI.com and using the organizational account (I have checked to make sure my Power BI desktop is connected the same way) I get the error below.  Any adivce would be greatly appreciated since this is holding up multiple teams within my company for proper team management!

error.PNG

Comments
JRush

I'm getting the same problem, but when attempting to apply credentials for a dataset refresh. Also seeing issues with refreshing dataflows. Getting both 400 & 500 errors there. In additional I have a dataset that I applied credentials previously that won't refresh. Manually or scheduled 

Failed to update data source credentials: Hide details

Activity ID:bbb50e4e-2eb3-4834-80e3-822cfaef66d2
Request ID:c20910fc-8583-f269-0567-48d736ca6135
Status code:400
Time:Thu Dec 12 2019 14:18:26 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.11674.244
Client version:1912.1.020
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@dchilders1 ,

Check if the data source credentails valid. If everything is ok and this issue still persists, you can try using anonymous mode using solution in case below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Service-scheduled-refresh-failure-when-using-Azure...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

dchilders1
Regular Visitor

@v-yuta-msft I have validated the credentials and i can do this refresh manually by refreshing in power bi desktop and then publishing again.  Problem occurs when on powerbi.com and trying to set up automatic refresh.  My company does have pretty strict access and I'm wondering if something is wrong in that area?   Also I'm sorry but I'm very new to the entire Power Platform and not sure how to use anonymous mode with the example given in comment.

Thanks,

Derek

JRush

We use MFA and I'm not manually entering or setting credentials. My account is working fine elsewhere. Still getting the same error today, but my dataflow refresh issue cleared up today on it's own.

Still seeing the following during

Failed to update data source credentials: Hide details

Activity ID:bbb50e4e-2eb3-4834-80e3-822cfaef66d2
Request ID:e2ca9594-61a8-ba98-689f-9c0c12be5c31
Status code:400
Time:Fri Dec 13 2019 10:06:10 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.11674.244
Client version:1912.1.020
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same error, we need to update the report in powerbi.com instead of power bi desktop.