Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot save alert for a real time tile

I have a tile that is using a streaming data set.  The data set is generated using the REST API.

I try to add an alert for this tile (value > 0), but when I save the alert it spins.  I've left it for over 5 minutes now with no progress.

I see the following in the chrome developer tools, but I'm not sure if it is related:

powerbiportal.dependencies.externals.bundle.min.js:1136 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'pageX' of undefined
    at ta (powerbiportal.dependencies.externals.bundle.min.js:1136)
    at Da (powerbiportal.dependencies.externals.bundle.min.js:1137)
    at xa.setEventXY (powerbiportal.dependencies.externals.bundle.min.js:1176)
    at xa.pointerMove (powerbiportal.dependencies.externals.bundle.min.js:1190)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (powerbiportal.dependencies.externals.bundle.min.js:1149)

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

Mike 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Mike_M2

I even cannot find the bell icon which used to set alert in my dashboard tile which comes from the streaming dataset. Could you please post a screenshot for your tile options?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Mike_M2

It looks like it was removed "over the weekend"

Here is a screenshot of my dashboard that I happened to keep open since last week:

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 10.20.04 AM.png

Here's the same tile after refreshing the browser:

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 3.42.10 PM.png

So, is alerting being removed (for this scenario) or is it temporarily disabled?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Mike_M2

I reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 33479809

And I’ve got response that this is by design, data alerts do not work on streaming datasets. They will update the documentation to make this clear.

Data alerts can only be created based on KPI, cards and gauge visuals pinned from reports. You can create a report based on a streaming dataset if you enable the “historic analysis enabled” option.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered