Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot resize matrix or table columns in Power BI Desktop

I have a number of reports that are uploaded to app.powerbi.com and using embedded services, are displayed within our clients sites.

For the last month or so I have lost all ability to resize table and matrix column widths, I am presented with the cursor change but the resize does not action. I can toggle auto-size on and off, this will change the width to auto-size when first toggled on but then when toggled off, column widths still cannot be edited.

I have tried to insert new tables but to no avail, I cannot build client facing reports that can't be made presentable and even more worrying is that I need to make edits to existing reports that at present I cannot do, please help.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @rtompsett,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.58.5103.501 then test again. 

If issue persists, would you please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue? Or could you share a pbix file? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

willeckrich
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing this same problem.  I created a simple table from a dataset, turned off Auto-resize, mouse over between two column headers, get the <-> cursor, but no matter how I click and drag, it will NOT resize the column's width.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also facing same issue, after this release

kamal maru

cbovikings
Regular Visitor

I have found that you need to have data in the table in order to resize the columns.

SDittmannFleet
Advocate III

@cbovikings You are the bomb. I was just ripping my hair out over this. @v-qiuyu-msft this should be reported as a bug. It makes no sense to only be able to resize table columns when the table has data.