Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot remove subscription as owner

email received regarding a former employees email subscriptions. I am the group owner as well as the model owner. I am also the one who created the subscription to send a report page to the email. Received this email:

I attempted to remove the email subscription by the link ov view content in the email and received a message that I needed permision to access the report that belongs to me. I attempted to ask for access but an email never came to me. 

Next I tried to use the manage all subscriptions to remove this subscription to the dead email. I can click on the trash can to delete and it fades to an undo button. However, the save and close never activates and is un clickable. Why can I not remove a subscription I created?

No close.PNGno access.PNG

There was an error with your subscription "Mfg Matrix" and it could not be delivered

You are receiving this email because there was an error with a subscription to Power BI Report "Booked" created by you.

The error while creating the subscription was:

EmailSubscriptionValidationError

Subscription has no users or groups subscribed to it.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi 

I have tested on my side, it works well on my side.

Can you try it with another browser? and if you could create new subscription for this report or other report?

Regards,

Lin

kcantor
Community Champion

I have the same issue in Chrome and Edge. I can make or end subscriptions to all other reports. This is the only one with an issue. 

kcantor
Community Champion

I have also tested using another computer as well as my phone. This subscription will not allow me to modify it at all. I started the subscription and I own the workspace, the model, and the reports.

I receive a daily email stating that this subscription has an error. I would like to remove that one user from the subscription but if necessary, removing the entire subscription would be a positive at this point. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

HI  

I couldn't reproduce the issue, as a workaround, you may try to just turn off this subscription.

and I would also suggest you submit a support ticket to get further help to find out why it couldn't be removed.

Regards,

Lin