Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot refresh data due to internal service error

Only one of my datasets is experiencing a problem. Any advice?

Last refresh failed: Fri Dec 02 2016 08:53:37 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.
Hide details

Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:3799c4db-03d5-ec91-b78d-1fa652403258
Request ID:40631c60-5723-5057-6eeb-b9b0d2d4df77
Time:2016-12-02 13:53:37Z
Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kcantor

What is your data source here? Import or Direct Query mode? I’d like to see if I can repro it locally based on your detailed information.

Best Regards,

Herbert

kcantor
Community Champion

Had an issue with data sets refusing to refresh due to an internal service connection error. Started working with Microsoft and completed each step that was asked of me up to and including regedit changes. Now, NONE of my datasets will refresh and the error says "Cannot decrypt the credential for data source NewPbiDataSource_d201fa17-dede-46e0-86fe-27a98ad5f256. The detailed error message is The credential and/or settings for the data source <ID:d201fa17-dede-46e0-86fe-27a98ad5f256> has been corrupted. This could be caused by reinstallation of the gateway, or the encryption key/certificate for current gateway has been changed. You may need to provide the credentials for the data source again using the portal. "

When I go to edit the credentials, however, nothing (and I mean NOTHING) shows up under edit credentials. It is just a blank space. This affects every single dataset of mine and in the data group I created. I have to get this working again as soon as possible. Can anyone help me?
I have reinstalled the gateway. I have rolled back the desktop version and the gateway version. I have even restored my computer to a previous time before the initial issue occured. The pbix file refreshes in the desktop.

Signed,

Anxious

FYI, my ticket is still open with Microsoft but it isnt working.

kcantor
Community Champion

Please, @v-haibl-msft If you can offere advice, I am desperate for help. I have done some troubleshooting on my own and it seems that my data will refresh in desktop but it gets lost on the service.The image is of the Data source credentials expanded down. There should be two sources shown: DimDate Table and SQL server.

Capture.JPG

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kcantor

Are the data sources using personal gateway? I encountered and reported the same issue as below last week, but the issue has gone now.

I’m going to ask for the current statues of this issue and will let you know once I get any reply.

Since you’ve already opened a support ticket, please also keep contact with the support engineer.

Cannot refresh data due to internal service error_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

kcantor
Community Champion

I was using a personal gateway. I will let you know what I find out.