Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot "schedule refresh" but "refresh now" works

I have uploaded a report and dataset that points to an on premises postgresql database that can be accessed from anywhere.

When I update the data with Power BI Desktop it works perfectly.

If I update the data using "Refresh now" in Power BI service it also works.

When I try to "Schedule refresh" in Power BI service it does not allow me to set it up and and says "Your data source can't bre refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials  and try again" and there is an (X) next to the data source that says "Invalid connection credentials". If I try to enter the credentials that I am 100% that are valid, it show an error and says that "The credentials proviedaded for the PostgreSQL source are invalid". 

I think I can fix it temporally using a gateway but this seems an error in Power BI service.

I am using the "Basic" authentication method. It is the only option that appears.

authentication-method.png

I tried to resolve this problem using the Power BI community forum but I was directed to support to try to find a solution.

Here is the original question: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-now-works-but-i-cannot-schedule-refresh/m-p/936878#...

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @rchamorro

Please create a support ticket follow below steps: 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards

Qiuyun Yu

rchamorro

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I have a PRO account and I am logged in app.powerbi.com:

power-bi-logged-in.png

But whenever I try to create a new ticket it only gives me the option to buy (again) Power BI:

power-bi-contact.png

Regards.

Richard.