Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot publish report to my workspace if it has a connection to a dataset in a shared workspace

With the October 2020 update to the Power BI Desktop, we are getting an error when publishing a new report to "My Workspace" when the report has a connection to a dataset in a shared premium workspace.  Error Message: "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error".

We are able to publish that report to another shared premium workspace

We are able to publish a similar report if it was created in an ealrier version of the Power BI Desktop.

Is this a bug in the new version?  Is there new configurations we have to enable?  This is a big inconvenience. 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@MattAustin 

A similar issue has been reported: CRI 210278647, so stay tuned. 

MattAustin
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft   Any updates on this issue or expected timeline on resolution?

elaine_dunwoody
Advocate I

I have the same issue, running version Dec 2020 of the PBI Desktop. I created a new report that connects to a simple power bi dataset (that is based on a csv file).  The dataset is in my workspace. I get the "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error" when I publish the new report to my workspace.