Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot pin text box tile to dashboard

PBI Desktop October 2021 release.

Microsoft Edge Version 95.0.1020.53 (also tried Chrome with same result but keeping it all in the MS space for simplicity here).

I created a test report in PBI Desktop with a manual data table (Enter Data) with a date - 16/11/2021

I created a text box with plain text in it.

I then created another text box with some text and the dynamix value 'last date in table'. This correctly pulls back the date value.

Lastly I upload it to the PBI service.

When I hover over or click on either text box I cannot see the 'pin' icon.

In the PBI Service if I then 'Edit' the report I see the pin icon.

I click on the plain text box, click the pin icon and get the pin to dashboard pop-up to select or create a new dashboard.

I click on the text box that contains the dynamic value, click the pin icon, and get nothing. The Pin to Dashboard pop-up does not come up.

I'd happily chare my PBIX but looks like this board doesn't allow that. Hopefully my explanation is simple enough for someone to easily reproduce and/or understand.

This has also been confirmed as reproducable by a PBI Community 'Solution Sage' via this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Cannot-pin-text-box-tile-to-dashboard/m-p/2192249

Hi @SteveCarter1 

I've got confirmation from product team. Currently, text boxes with dynamic values cannot be pinned.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @SteveCarter1 

Thanks for your feedback! I've tested this feature and reported it internally (ICM 272944389). If there is any update, I will sync with you here. Currently, please consider the workaround from Burningsuit  in this post.

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @SteveCarter1 

I've got confirmation from product team. Currently, text boxes with dynamic values cannot be pinned.

Best Regards,

SteveCarter1
Advocate II

Thanks for the followup Caiyun. Will help others that come across this thread.

I guess that still leaves the issue of not being able to pin a plain text box, without going into Edit mode in the Power BI Service.

coathangers
Frequent Visitor

Pinning text boxes with dynamic values would be an essential addition, what are the chances of this design feature being reconsidered?