Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot open reports in Power BI app

Since yeasterday many of my co-workers on premium is unable to open the reports. When clicking on the dashbord tile, the url to the report come up in the browser for a second or two, then disappear, and brings them back to the dashbord again. Even when clicking directly from a report URL sent on e-mail, brings them only back to the dashboard where the reports tile came from. Also, i am not able to edit the details in the dashbord tile. Everything is grey, and a am not able to alter the text nor to change the urls in the dashbord tile. This is my rerports and dashbords, so i should be able to change them. Worked two days ago. We are on the North-Europa, Irlands, premium, with 10.000 workers. It seems like this is an issue with the premium workers, those with PRO license works fine. The premiums see all dashbords, but cannot open the report behind them.

I see that there was a similar problem som weeks ago, but now they are back. The problem occurs both on mac and pc, in app.powerbi.com 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @henmor,

Please launch Fiddler with below option enabled then repeat steps to reproduce the issue, save all sessions as .saz file, upload the file to your OneDrive or Dropbox, send the share link to me via private message. It would be better if you could record a video so we can see the issue clearly. 

Fiddler.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

henmor
Advocate I

Sent a private message with video. It seems that the problem is when a personal workspace is assigned to a premium capacity, the reports dont open. When i unassign the personal workspace, the reports open fine. 

We have checked the capacity settings, and they are set fine.  

henmor
Advocate I

Uploaded i saz file in same shared folder i emailed you. This is also en error i receive now:

Unable to load report
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDd2cbb4e9-5af7-4e4a-aac2-c02f47a86435
Request ID1f55eea0-23c4-0064-a6d4-ff56ae1edea2
Correlation ID365da462-ca9f-cfd6-9df7-7c08333a6265
Status code-1
Capacity SKU TierPower BI Premium
TimeWed Nov 07 2018 09:20:43 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
Version13.0.7302.165
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @henmor,

The fiddler files doens't contains Power BI service sessions. Please turn on Fiddler, then repeat steps as you did in video, then save all sessions, share .saz file via private message. 

Regarding the error message "Unable to load report", I didn't see it in the video. Did this error pops out when you click on the tile go to report after you assign premium capacity for the workspace? Please share new error message with new fiddler trace captured. 

By the way, which premium capacity do you assign for the workspace?  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @henmor,

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 91290059. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

henmor
Advocate I

Hi!

I have been investigate i little bit further, and here is my findings:

User with PRO licence and prem-cap on personal workspace: OK, everything is ok

User without PRO license, and prem-cap on personal workspace: Unable to open report published on a “everybody can read” prem-cap workspace by user with PRO licence

Which leaves us to this;

A regular user without PRO licence publish his/her own reports to his/her own workspace without prem-cap. Works fine.

Because we want to let users decide themselves to assign to prem-cap, we have opened for this to everybody in the organization. When a non-pro user assign to prem-cap on his/her own workspace, due to e. x the reports is big and want extra power when reading it, user is unable to open other shared reports on another prem-cap workspace. (only dashbords open, like you saw)

I found a workaround, and disapled the function where the user can assign his/her workspace to a prem-cap, and removed all of them who had this, and were not a PRO user.

This can work for us, but I think this is a bug, because now nobody without PRO license can assign own workspace on prem-cap, and publish own reports there for further analyze, ergo to take advantage of the prem-cap in the company, youneed a PRO license aswell.

This has not always been like this, it started few day ago

Also, this a ticket is submit to ms, abd they are investigate. 

henmor
Advocate I

Hi, anything new here? The ticket to MS is still not solved.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @henmor,

ETA for fix is 11/30. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu