Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot open dataflow to edit

Hi all,

I have an issue where I can't edit any of my data flows in any of my workspaces. Opening the edit from the dataflow options menu just gets me to a page with a spining wheel of dots that never loads the content within the dataflow. I have tried clearing cache and history and using both chrome and edge without success.

Its been intermittent for a while, but now has stopped loading anything to edit. 
Even my simple dataflows with a single table have this issue.
The dataflow refreshes are working fine, however I have one that has failed due to a column change so I really need to be able to sort this.

jkah_0-1669154390962.png

Hi @jkah ,

I found a post with a similar problem to yours, and the user ended up using Firefox to run the dataflow properly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflow-page-not-loading/m-p/2812918  Have you tried this method?
If this method still doesn't work, I will suggest you open a support ticket since I cannot reproduce your problem.

If you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @jkah ,

In my tests, I can open the data stream and edit it normally.
A similar error existed before but was fixed.
Are you always in the loading screen shown above without any error message?

Best regards,

jkah
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft 

I have tried multiple times today and cannot open any exiting dataflow to edit. I  have also left it for a while to see if it ever loadss, but the loading circle just spins endlessly and doesn't ever give an error.

I've also noticed that it isn't just the edit function, I can't even load to view the contents of the dataflow. I just get the same spinning

Including my version number below if that helps. 

Service Version 13.0.19445.37
Client Version 2211.1.10948-train
Data Location Australia Southeast (Victoria)

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jkah ,

Are you the owner of the dataflow?
Have you tried to recreate a new dataflow to solve your current dilemma?

Best regards,

jkah
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft,

I am the owner of all the dataflows. 

There are multiple dataflows with multiple tables in the workspace and there are several dashboards that feed off each of them, so recreating and redirecting the dashborads is not a feasable solution. 

I have just tried to create a new data flow and have the same spinning issue where it doesn't load or error out.

jkah_0-1669328741955.png

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @jkah ,

I found a post with a similar problem to yours, and the user ended up using Firefox to run the dataflow properly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflow-page-not-loading/m-p/2812918  Have you tried this method?
If this method still doesn't work, I will suggest you open a support ticket since I cannot reproduce your problem.

If you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

NeilWalker-RBA
Regular Visitor

I have this issue too, as decsribed by the OP.  I have used two different domain joined corporate laptops on regular and beta Edge, and Chome

NeilWalker-RBA
Regular Visitor

Firefox does work, so going with that for now

jkah
Regular Visitor

@v-mengzhu-msft 

Unfortunately we cannot use firefox in our corporate environment. So that is not a viable solution for us.

I will log the support ticket. 

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jkah .

Has there been any progress?

Best regards,

jkah
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft 

I logged the support ticket and have been contacted by Microsoft support to work through the issue. No resolution as yet but working with them to find out what is going on