Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot load model - Spamming pop-up

Hi,

I am using Power BI Desktop to connect to Azure Analysis Services using Live Connection mode, if I refresh a report or open a report and the network happens to be down for any reason, I get the "Cannot load model" which makes sense, but the problem is that it persists, every time I press "Cancel" or "X" or "Report this issue", another pop-up is displayed on screen and so on and I have to keep on hitting cancel tens of times just to get it to stop, sometimes it doesn't stop and I have to close the file using Task Manager and then reopen it and restore the backup to avoid losing work.

Can you please find a way to modify this behavior to pop-up only once per refresh.

Thanks,

Haitham

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@helassal ,

Does this issue also happen on power bi desktop side? Please check if the credentials is vaild and if you have map user name on power bi service.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

helassal
Resolver II

@v-yuta-msft 

This is all happening on Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Haitham

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@helassal ,

I'm afraid I was not available to reproduce your issue, I would suggest you submit a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao