Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot install Power BI Desktop

Hi,

I downloaded the installer (both 32 and 64 bit versions) for Power BI. It was successfully downloaded.

However, it doesn't open whenever I try to run/open it. I also downloaded it via Microsoft Store. It said that I already own the app but I'm still unable to install it. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @famcanico

Please check if there is any anti-virus software runs in the same machine. If it is, please ensure it doesn't block Power BI desktop processes. 

To install Power BI desktop, please make sure the machine meet the minimum requirements firstly: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-get-the-desktop#minimum-requirements

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

leopickford

Hello,

I have the same problem. Downloaded both installers x64 and x32 but cannot get the installer to run past the inishal executtion stage.

I have tried this as Domain Admin, Local Admin and differnt computer same issue.

Have disabled Sophos AV and Firewall but no joy. 

Event viewer isn't throwing any errors from what i can see. 

Running Windows 10 Enterprise, 1709 upwards. Computers all meet PowerBi specifications.

Not sure what else to try.... Thanks for you help 🙂

Leo. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat. I have now tried this on 8 machines with different OSs and architectures.

The install is broken.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

It seems the issue is related to specific environment. Till now, it's hard to provide further suggestion on forum side, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

leopickford

@v-qiuyu-msft Okay i shall do that. Thanks. If i find the solution i'll post it here for others. 

leopickford
AlexGorev
Power BI Team

There is a known issue with Power BI Desktop installer that impacts some customers based on their language settings. We are working on the fix and expect the issue to be resolved by September 26th. Please check for new version on the download center after that.

AlexGorev
Power BI Team

New version of the Single Installer was published 9/26 to the Download Center that solves this problem: https://aka.ms/pbiSingleInstaller