Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot find table

I got a strange one for you. I tried to get a new object (table) from Salesforce to see if it contains relevant information. In Power Query all looks fine and upon refreshing in my last 'Applied Steps', I see all my values. Well, those 999+ rows at least. 

Then I tried to apply my new table. I did nothing to the rest of my dataset, but got myself the following error. 

Untitled2.png

Case History - Pending is a familiar table to me and it did contain date values. So the issue? I no longer have that table. This as the Calculate required a second dataset to filter against it, but I found a way to bypass this problem. Therefore I no longer required this second table. Thanks to my double screen, hereby a side by side print screen of both the fields and the queries. 

Untitled.png

As you can see, there is no table called 'Case History - Pending'. Before I added my new table, I've refreshed my whole dataset and published it to Power BI Service where it is refreshing on its scheduled refresh without any issues. 

I've removed Attachment and refreshed the dataset. No errors. Reapplied Attachment, same error. 

Untitled3.png

I'm worried for 3 reasons :

1. There is apparently a validations procedure with a second table which is not related in any way to the Query I'm trying to apply into my dataset. 

2. There are still data fragments around in my Pbix that affect active Queries, calculations and validations. 

3. THERE IS STILL DATA EXISTING IN MY PBIX THAT SHOULD BE REMOVED... 😞

If you would be so kindly and fix this problem, that would be great.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DouweMeer

Please create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy

@v-qiuyu-msft 

I've created the tickey. Hopefully it will fix the problem eventually. 

ReportGuru
Helper IV

Hi @DouweMeer were you able to find a solution? As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector, I've never had this kind of issues. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy

@ReportGuru 

It's been a while... 5 years already?!

Surprisingly, I do remember the trouble quite well, but I can't recall how I had it fixed if at all. I haven't encountered the issue recently although I'm working daily with Power BI.