Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot customize series in a dual-axis line chart

Hi all,

The "customize series" option for the dual-axis line chart seems to be unresponsive. No matter what options you select, it defaults back. The issue doesn't persist if values are plotted on the same y-axis.

Example,

View post on imgur.com
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I found the same issue has been reported internally: CRI 183959101. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I got information that 

"This only happens when you have one field for each axis. If you have two fields in one of the axis buckets, you can work around this.

Y1: field1, field2

Y2: field3

Use customize series for field1 and field 2, then use the root settings for field3 (above customize series). You can add any value that doesn't affect the range for Y1, or copy Y1 with different name and then hide it by setting line width to zero. Or wait for the fix (4-6 weeks out). "

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

pattersonm8
Helper II

I have the same issue, can customize color, but not shapes, width!  But will try suggestion as only have 1 on each axis

pattersonm8
Helper II

The extra series on axis worked, thanks @v-qiuyu-msft !  Just hate it shows when hover over still, but could hide with no width and label on visual at least!

dguedes
Frequent Visitor

Yep, can't customize the Y2 series, wanted to show in dotted line style, always come back.

Found it a work around on this, choose the settings that you want for the Y2 on the main settings (so all series will be like that) and then change back the main axis series back settings. 

It works for me.