Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot create embed code / public website

Greeting Power BI community,

We have many Power Bi Pro users, we are trying to do an Embed report and in turn Publish to web (public)

However upon going through the prompts and getting to the window warning us that we are about to create an embed code for this report. When clicking on Publish, the creating a code barely comes up and disappears and nothing happens.

Cedricbat_1-1652166564320.png

Even our Power Bi Admin is experiencing the same problem. We have tried multiple browsers and its the same on each workstation.
We also confirmed that the settings are enabled:

Cedricbat_0-1652166531151.png

We are just unsure where things are going wrong and why it is not going further.
Scouring the community there seems to be a few issues towards publishing a website but not as specific as this?

Would anyone confirm if there is a bug with this process?

Thank you

Cedric

Currently as far as my test it works fine in all workspaces when I tried to publish to web from Power BI Service.

Could you please check it in some other time ranges since it could be a temporary issue? Or you can try to republish reports to different workspaces to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Currently as far as my test it works fine in all workspaces when I tried to publish to web from Power BI Service.

Could you please check it in some other time ranges since it could be a temporary issue? Or you can try to republish reports to different workspaces to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

SteveCnz1

Hi - I am having the same problem with new reports, i.e. create a new report, of any type and then try.   Problem described above appears.      The embedding described above appears. 

Works OK with old reports however.  

abayless
Advocate II

This is happening with me currently. Admin settings are correct but I also get to the publish phase and nothing happens. Any update on this?

IsaiahG
Regular Visitor

This is happening for me too. Any updates?

tmivy

I also have this problem. I have existing working embed codes, but when I try to create a new one, I get the behavior described by OP. I have double checked admin settings, and they are correct. I tried a different browser and got the same behavior.

IsaiahG
Regular Visitor

I ended up fixing / working around my instance if the issue. The problem in my case seemed to be that the data source needed to be stored int he same workspace as the report.