Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot analyze in Excel (Except for live-connection to SSAS)

Hi,

I´ve tried several ways to access datasets in Power BI from Excel. First I used the "analyze in excel" button and later I installed the PowerBI-Excel-Add-in. Either way I can log-in to Power BI (and choose the dataset from a list for the latter alternative), but I´m not able to connect. The erro message simply says I should make sure the dataset exists and that I´m allowed to access it, both of which I´m sure is the case. The only one that works is one that uses a live-connection to an on-premise ssas cube.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nico

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @soptim_vond,

Please sign in Power BI service, double check the dataset you want to connect to in Excel is available for your account. 

According to this document

Disabling Export Data will also prevent users from using the Analyze in Excel feature.

Please let your Power BI admin go to Admin Portal-> Tenant Settings, check if Export Data feature is enabled for whole organization or specific security groups. You can also check if you can Export Data for visual created by that specific dataset. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

soptim_vond
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

thanks for your quick reply. I am the power bi admin of our organisation, so I could easily check myself. The export data option is  enabled for the entire organisation and so is the option "allow analyze in excel for local datasets". So in my opinion everything should be ok with respect to tenant settings.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Nico

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @soptim_vond,

This option is enabled as well? 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

soptim_vond
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

yes, this option is enabled as well, as mentioned above.

So I´m really wondering what´s the problem here...

Thanks for your help!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @soptim_vond,

Regarding this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support from Microsoft engineers. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered