Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot add New Visuals to Existing Bookmark with Selected Visuals

Power BI Desktop Version: 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018)

On a report page which has a bookmark defined with the option of Selected Visuals instead of All Visuals, if a new visual is added after the bookmark was defined, this new visual cannot be added to the existing Bookmark. Instead a completely new bookmark needs to be defined.

Steps I have taken:

1) Create Report Page with multiple Visuals

2) Create Bookmark1 using Selected Visuals with subset of available visuals

3) Create Bookmark2 using All Visuals

4) Add New Visual to Report Page

5) Select all visuals from Bookmark1 in addition to new bookmark

6) On Bookmark1 select Update from ... menu 

7) Change Visibility of new visual to Hidden 

😎 On Bookmark1 select Update from ... menu 

When I then go to Bookmark2 where the new visual is not hidden and then return to Bookmark1, the new visual remains visible rather than being hidden as per the update in steps 7 & 8.

Additionally if i change Bookmark1 to be All Visuals, Update, and then redefine as Selected Visuals the new Visual will still not be included correctly.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 99038430. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Hi, is there any update on this? This Bug has halted all development on our existing reports since any new visuals added would require us to re-create all existing bookmarks and reassign existing buttons to the newly created bookmarks. As each of our reports have dozens of both bookmarks and buttons it would add countless hours of additional development not to mention QA testing to constantly recreate these every time an update is needed.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Fix has been checked in, commit date is 2/7/2019. 

Expected behavior now is that the "target visuals" to be affected during "Selected visuals" mode of bookmark will be updated to reflect all selected visuals at the time when the user clicks "Update" option.

If a bookmark is set to "Selected visuals" option, it will only target visuals that were selected at the time of creation or last update.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Ill be looking out for it in the Feb Release.

-Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft was this rolled out as part of the Feb release? I have updated to Version: 2.66.5376.1681 64-bit (February 2019), but am still experiancing the issue in my existing documents. I have also created a brand new .pbix file and the issue is present there as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft I would appreciate if you can provide an update on this. The issue was not resolved as part of the Feb release.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have consulted the new ETA internlaly, will keep you update once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please update your Power BI desktop to March version, the issue should be gone now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Initial testing indicates that the issue has been resolved. Thanks!!

I will continue testing and revert back here if I experience any issues.

Thanks

-Ben