Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot access my workgroup dashboard link (PRO User)

I would like to get an issue solved that has appeared after new year.

Dashboards created from workgroups cannot be accesed by its groups members through the dashboard Link. When we click the link, a message appears:

"Sorry, you do not have permission to view this dashboard. If you would like to access this dashboard, please submit a request."

It doesn't make sense at all, I am member of the group which is sharing this dashboard, as part of the team I should be able to see the dashboard. We are all PRO Users in the group. 

Until January we were accessing dashboards through the links with no issue, but since the January "fix" where people with free accounts cannot access dashboards, members of workgropus cannot acces them through the link, we always need to go to our account and look for the dasbhard in our dashboards list. 

Please could you fix this? We need to have a link for each dashboard so everybody can access them from the same place, including the ones in the workgroup and the ones outside the workgroup.

Thanks.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Nuria_Carol

Following scenarios should be the expected behaviour, and I can get the same result as below. Could you please clarify in which scenario that you have expected/different result?

If dashboard A is in Group A, then the members (pro user) can view dashboard A through the dashboard link. But the member (free user) cannot view dashboard A through the dashboard link (do not have permission) because dashboard contained in a group workspace belongs to pro content.

If dashboard A is in Group A, the pro user is not in Group A, and dashboard A is shared to the pro user. Then the pro user can view dashboard A through the dashboard link.

If dashboard A is in Group A, the free user is not in Group A, and dashboard A is shared to the free user. Then the free user cannot view dashboard A through the dashboard link (Dashboard contains Power BI Pro content).

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Nuria_Carol
Advocate I

This scenario is the one that is not working:

"If dashboard A is in Group A, then the members (pro user) can view dashboard A through the dashboard link". 

When I'm inside the dashboard through my browser, if I copy the link direclty from the browser URL, yes, it works and all group members can access it. The problem is with the link provided in the "Share" section:screenshot.png

Following your example above, if we distribute this link with our users, the users inside Group A cannot access this link. We need a same link to distribute to everyone (users inside and outside Group A).