Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot 'View Native Query' if the query string is parameterised

I'm using the Redshift ODBC connector to run native DB queries against a Redshift cluster. We have a dev, test & prod DB, each of which have a DSN set up. In the native query, the DSN string is parameterised for easy switching between environments. Unfortunately, this means that the 'View Native Query' option in the Power Query editor stays greyed out, making editing / debugging queries painful.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jr_if,

I don't have environment to test Redshift ODBC connector. But based on my test with SQL ODBC connector, if we pass query parameter to Power Query to get data from ODBC with dynamic DSN, the step to retrieve data from table has View Native Query enabled. 

q3.PNG

In your scenario, please check which step you would like to see View Native Query? I would suggest you find the step which retrieve data from table then right click the step to see if the View Native Query is greyed out. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu