Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot Use Measures for Conditional Formatting in New Version of Power BI

@RosieL I had so many issues with the new format pane when using bookmarks, that I had to turn it off in order to complete my project(s). The new pane version was causing all kinds of weird behavior with the bookmarks. At this time, I developed another tool, with some conditional formatting in it, and all works well. In the meantime, Power BI desktop updated to use only the new format pane. I cannot go backwards to the old format pane. Now I need to move this tab into another report with the same exact data and measures in it, but when I try to set up all the formatting, I'm receiving errors. The new version will not let me use the same measures for the conditional formatting that I was able to set up in the old version. It seems the tab that was set up using the old format pane functionally works in the latest version, but now that I need to set the same thing up in the new format pane version of Power BI, it will not allow me to select the same measures for the conditional formatting. They are greyed out. I'd be happy to show this to the Microsoft team. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm setting it up exactly the same and it will not allow me to do so. 

Hi @Shelley 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been solved , I will change the Status to "Delivered" . In addition, regarding the ICM I mentioned, switching back to the old format pane will also be closed. The PG side said that this is by design, and there will be no old format pane later.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @Shelley 

You can restore old format by canceling the new format pane and restart Desktop . 

Ailsamsft_0-1655863696948.png

Best Regards,

RosieL
Power BI Team

@v-yetao1-msft The new format pane is now GA so as of June the preview switch is no longer available. I asked Shelley to fill out a ticket so the engineering team could get a video and the report this repros with via the ICM system. Can you create a ticket for this please?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @RosieL 

I have submitted this issue to ICM , the ID is 317238224 . I will continue to follow up on this issue and if there is any news I will come back and reply . 

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley 

Did you open a support ticket with the Microsoft team ? If yes , please provide the support ticket case id to us . If no , you can open a support ticket follow the documentation . 

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

In addition, can you record a video of your issue or share your sample file with us ? 

Best Regards,

Shelley
Continued Contributor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft Yes I did. Microsoft Support TrackingID#2206210040009221 .

We resolved my issue. The measures were working; however, the default format was decimal and it needed to be text for the conditional formatting to work. The error messages were not helpful in identifying the root cause in order to resolve the problem. My support person was really helpful and I provided potential suggestions for improvement.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Shelley 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been solved , I will change the Status to "Delivered" . In addition, regarding the ICM I mentioned, switching back to the old format pane will also be closed. The PG side said that this is by design, and there will be no old format pane later.

Best Regards,