Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot Scroll in the Filters tab on right side of screen

Reported to Jason Thomas (Microsoft).  He asked I log here.

Jason,

I have reported from a user, Brette Smith (cc’d), an issue in Power BI.  When she opens our app from app.pbi.com, she is unable to use the filters on the right side panel that expands out.  All is good if there are only two or so options in the filter, but if enough options that she needs to scroll through the list, the 2 finger scroll on her mac does not work.  I just tried on Firefox on my surface and it works.

She is able to work around by opening in chrome currently.

Thanks,

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ttinsley,

From your description, the report Filters pane have many columns and some of columns contain many values. The report is published in a app. After the user gets this app and accesses this report from app, expands Filters pane, she can't uses two 2 finger scroll to scroll down to see all filters and values, right? 

I have tested in Safari version 11.0.3(13604.5.6) with macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3, there are a vertical scroll bar for us to see complete filters. Also there is a vertical bar for us to see whole values for one column filter if it contains too many values. 

Please let your customer firstly check if there are scroll bars in Filters pane when she opens the report from a app. How about the result when she selects the scroll bar, then scrolls down? Also please check her mac and safari versions, please try to update to the same version as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

christelleelsm

@v-qiuyu-msft 

I have the same issue where a client using a macbook doesn't have a scroll bar visible in some of the filters. We tried on both safari and chrome. All other Windows users can see the scroll bar.

Are there any other possible solutions to this problem?