Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot Publish to Existing Workspace

I am having issues publishing my report to my existing workspace. It has either been processing for the past hour or returned an unknown error. I saw a separate thread but it was specific to a new workspace so is this the same issue? 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @lchen,

Would you please share a screenshot about error message? Does the issue happen with new preview workspace or old workspace? 

Please also try to publish the report via Get Data -> Files on Power BI service, check if the publish can be finished successfully. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

TLS1
Regular Visitor

hello I am facing a similar issue.

1/ I cannot publish from desktop to "new preview workspace" and receive this message" an error occured while attempting to publish "name of my file.pbix": the remote server returned an error (500) Internal Server Error. No issue if I try to publish the same file to another workspace ( "old" version)

2/I cannot publish the report via Get Data -> Files on Power BI service, below the error message:
Failed to publish Power BI Desktop file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID35de6da2-802b-ecba-7e91-7949428d6f94
Request ID8429af8e-364a-1338-b254-1d10e96ac274
Correlation ID21f3dc93-7703-8d9f-7993-862b4327e83f
Status code-1
TimeWed Sep 05 2018 22:46:25 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Version13.0.6517.145
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

3/ I cannot open a desktop file on my pc if this file is connected live to a PBI dataset hosted on this new preview workspace. Error message : The remote server returned an erro : (500) Internal Server Error. No No issue if I try to make the same file from another workspace ( "old" version)

4/ I cannot download a report hosted on this workspace using the function : download report (preview). Same error message as above.

5/ I cannot connect a desktop report to a dataset hosted on this "new preview workspace" (possible if I use a dataset hosted on another old workspace". Error message below : something went wrong:

Feedback Type:Frown (Error)Error Message:One or more errors occurred.Stack Trace: at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceProxy.GetResponse[T](ServiceProxyRequest request) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceProxy.GetModelsV2(String groupId) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<Execute>b__0() at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.RetryableWebRequest.Execute() at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<>c__DisplayClass9.<MakeWebRequestAsync>b__8() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<Execute>d__3`1.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceClient.<GetModels>d__f.MoveNext()Stack Trace Message:One or more errors occurred.Invocation Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace() at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception