Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot Change Data Source's Gateway Connection

I am unable to change a data source's gateway connection. Both gateways appear in the Gateway Connection section of the data source's settings page. I can click on the gateway I want to use, but the Apply button remains greyed out. If I switch the gateway selection back to the original and then switch it back to the desired gateway, the apply button is no longer greyed out but the change is not successfully applied even though I get a message telling me that it was applied.

Original Gateway Settings:

msp_4-1669747907630.png

Apply button greyed out after switching selection

msp_5-1669747966043.png

Apply button no longer greyed out if I switch the selection more than once

msp_6-1669748027660.png

Message confirming change after hitting Apply

msp_7-1669748095384.png

Gateway Connection setttings reverted to original settings after applying the change

msp_8-1669748176362.png

I tried doing the same with a different dataset in a different workspace and got the same results.

Please advise.

Hi @msp ,

The error message shows that it cannot  reach to the gateway.

could you please try to verify the status of your gateway cluster in "Services" - "On-Premises data gateway", or open the gateway application?

vcaitlynmstf_0-1669865032707.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
msp
Regular Visitor

I tried switching the gateway using different browser to eliminate cookies as the culprit. My main browser is Edge but I also ran into the issue with Chrome.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @msp ,

The error message shows that it cannot  reach to the gateway.

could you please try to verify the status of your gateway cluster in "Services" - "On-Premises data gateway", or open the gateway application?

vcaitlynmstf_0-1669865032707.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

msp
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft,

The gateway that I am trying to switch to does not have that error message. I am trying to use the personal gateway as a workaround to that error on the MSP Gateway, but the bug is preventing me from switching the gateway used by the data source.

That being said, both gateways are running when I check in Services on their respective computers. Additionally, I am able to refresh reports through the personal gateway if they are already configured to use that gateway. I am unable to switch other reports to that gateway due the the Apply changes bug.

Best,

@msp