Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot Access Dashboard in SharePoint Published to Group in App Workspace

Here is the situation - We have an App Workspace in which there is a Dashboard, Report & Dataset.  

We have Published the App to several email enabled security groups.  Members of the groups can view the Report within PowerBI.com

The Report has been Embedded in SharePoint Online, in a group in which the same email enabled security groups are member and have view access.  The problem is that in SharePoint Online, the members cannot view the Report - it throws an error.  

If the App is Published to an individual email address, then they can see both in PBI.com and in SharePoint Online.  

Is this a bug? or Current Behavior?  If it is current behavior, then when will it be supported?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BraneyBI

I just have a test but cannot repro the same issue on my side. Do you embed report in SharePoint Online as this document? What error message do the members receive?

Cannot Access Dashboard in SharePoint Published to Group in App Workspace_2.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Larissam

Yes, the report is embed in SP Online (preview). The error messages users recieve is "This content isn't available. Learn more about Power BI." None of the two reasons that are given in this document for users getting this message can be it becasue users are given access to the report and the report is not deleted. The only time when users can see the embed in SPO report/dashboard on the team SP site is when they are added individually (not via a Security Group) as members of the workspace where the reports, datasets and reports, which are in the Workspace App, are published onto. Adding Security Groups as members of the same workspace doesn't make any difference - users cannot get authenticated when they try to access the workspace and seeing the reports on the SP site doesn't work either.

Noa
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I'm facing the same scenario and would appreciate any help.

did you find any solution?